American Health & Drug Benefits (AHDB) is looking for medical and pharmacy directors, P & T Committee members, and other healthcare experts who are interested in joining our peer reviewers and assist in maintaining the high quality of articles published in the journal.
You will be asked to review at least 1 or 2 articles per year in your area of expertise. Reviewers’ names will be published online at the end of the year.
Please indicate at least 1 area of expertise in a health-related field for which they feel qualified to assess the content and quality of manuscripts submitted to AHDB.
Articles fall into 3 main areas related to healthcare: Regulatory, Business, and Clinical. These main categories are represented from the different vantage points of all stakeholders in healthcare and are divided into many subcategories, including (but not limited to) those listed below.
- Benefit design
- Disease management/state (eg, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, pain management, etc)
- Drug therapy (including biologics, generics)
- Drug utilization
- Employers/health plans
- Finance/health economics
- Health information technology
- Health policy/reform
- Patient education/initiatives/quality-of-life issues
- Payer perspectives
- Pharmacoeconomics analyses
- Pharmacy management: pharmacology, specialty pharmacy, pharmacy benefits
- Reimbursement: Medicare/Medicaid, health insurance, prior authorization
- Research: methods, study design, data collection/analysis